Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas Wreath for Jingle & Mingle 2011

Last December, it was time to make another wreath for Children of Shelters. The thinking process started months before the due date; so many possibilities! When I realized that I cannot invest a lot of time into it on top of making our customers happy with pre-Christmas installations, I decided to go with a simple and elegant design that can suit almost any taste.
I started with a beautiful ribbon that I bought at Ribbonerie on Sacramento Street. The owner was so helpful and sweet; it is not easy to navigate through a store that offers hundreds of choices.
Here we go:




First I stitched "pleats" on the ribbon.



Then I folded "the pleats" in an origami style and secured the folds with beads. Thanks to my friend Zila Brand for this technic!





I wrapped a foam "bagel" glued to a ply wood base with strips of silk, stapled them to the back, and glued a gimp to conceale staples.




The pleated ribbon is sewn onto the body.



And here is the final result!


No comments:

Post a Comment