Monday, February 13, 2012

Haute Dog SF (A Doggie Runway Fashion Show)

On February 3rd, the San Francisco Design Center organized the Haute Dog show that benefited the nonprofit organization Canine Companions for Independence (cci.org). What a wonderful event it was! Here is my report from the runway.
Melanie Coddington at Coddington Design asked me to make outfits for her two dogs, Parker and Lola. I have never made clothes for dogs as my dog Boy hates dressing up. He always looks so sad in his rain coat:


Nevertheless, I had a lot of fun creating two beautiful coats from Kravet fabrics with contrast lining and 1/8" contrast welt. Parker's coat gave me quite a serious headache: Melanie and I really wanted the beautiful silk lining inside the hood to show, but it was obstructed by Parker's head. I had to cut and sew four different styles and sizes of hoods until it was just right.





Parker refused to walk. He is not a big fan of clothes either.



My son Dima was at the show with me and took almost 1500 shots. Here are some of my favorites:





The most elegant pair, Gioi Tran and Luigi:




David Livingston with his adorable son and his dog:


Nobody worked runway like Scot Meacham Wood:


Avner Lapovsky's dog Kizzy was especially dear to us: we are thinking of adding another dog to our family, and a fox terrier is on the top of the list:


At the end of the evening, both Melanie and I were very happy (Parker and Lola didn't let us know what they thought about all this):


No comments:

Post a Comment