Monday, February 27, 2012

Icebreakers vs Rose Drops


I have to admit that I love Icebreakers and always keep a box in my car. Some time ago I stopped at the Rainbow Grocery store on Potrero hill and bought Bonbons Rose drops that were made in France. I had a quite uneasy feeling when I started comparing the lists of ingredients.

Icebreakers:
Sorbitol (causes irritable bowel syndrome), maltitol, natural and artificial flavor, aspartame (is metabolized inside your body into both wood alcohol and formaldehyde, per Dr.Mercola) , magnesium stearate, citric acid, gum acacia, soy lecithin (develops arterial plaque in mice), artificial color Blue 1.
Although not all ingredients are bad, I had to Google most of them as none sounds like something related to food. Notes in parenthesis are mine.

Bonbons Rose drops:
Sugar, natural flavouring, green aniseed. That's it!

When did it become SO difficult to make food out of edible ingredients?

No comments:

Post a Comment